It is open to researchers and students with a Master’s degree.
It includes contains collections of documents and archives on:
- The architecture of the Museum since the Palais de Tokyo was built in 1937
- The artists and works in the permanent collection of the Museum since its opening in 1961
- Exhibitions organised by the MAMVP
- The Paris art scene from the beginning of the 20th century to the present day.
The collection of printed matter in the library contains:
- Catalogues of MAM exhibitions since 1961 and ARC exhibitions since 1967,
- 35,000 monographic documents on modern (since the “Fauves”) and contemporary artists;
- 8,000 catalogues of collective exhibitions in French and foreign museums
- an essential collection of modern and contemporary art journals
- artist’s books since the 1960s
- a valuable collection of collectors’ books and painters’
- books from the library of Dr. Girardin
- a remarkable collection of Surrealist,Futurist, etc.
- and printed matter.